fot

Re: Re: Fuel System Questions

To: <TR3197@AOL.COM>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel System Questions
From: "Baxter Culver" <peyote222@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:22:09 -0800
Guess I started something with my comments on the Strombergs.    I regularly
ran the Lotus  (1970) in local autox events and don't have any recollection
of starving problems on left or right handers.   On the road,   and there
are a couple of particularly brutal trans-Sierra roads around here,  again
it was never a problem.   It could be I am not as agressive as others but I
usually ran in the top three or four positions in my class.   Is there a
difference in the float chamber volume between the 150's and 175's???   The
only other carb modification I made (other than changing the needles)  was
to reverse the temp compensator blade to keep it closed.   The tune was
right on;  as measured on an exhaust gas analyzer it was  12.5:1.   The
major driveability problem with the Elan was the Prince o' Darkness' wannabe
distributor.   That thing was a nightmare!