fot

Re: Fuel System Questions

To: amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel System Questions
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:25:38 EST
In a message dated 1/29/99 11:42:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

<<
 > So what is it that I've been doing wrong with my 150 CDs and 150 CDSEs
 > that I could never get the GT6 to run right with them?  It developed a
 > dramatic miss and loss of power on any hard left-hander, such as turn 5
 > at RA or the 4 - 5 combination at Blackhawk.

 I remember experiencing this sort of thing on a few occasions when
 autocrossing my '70 GT6+ (stock) way back when. It would only happen on
 very long left-handers (something akin to a skidpad maneuver). I also
 recall that a contemporary _Road & Track_ road test commented on the same
 problem.

 --Andy

<snip> The BL comp. Department had a kit with a spring and some other
pieces to help the problem.  Without it, if you adjusted the carbs to
work in LH corners well, they would die on the straights; or you had
the reverse choice.  I always used the SU choice.

   Hardy