fot

Re: Fuel System Questions

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel System Questions
From: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:34:14 -0600
The uncle jack method (works for us, but no guarantees) is to raise the
float level as high as you can without starting the car on fire (or flooding
it).  We think we run 4 psi at the moment, but would like to lower it a
tad.  We also drilled a couple more holes in the jet tube, I seem to recall.

The Stromberg has a rather shallow float bowl compared to the SU's, and on
the SU you can turn the float bowl so that the fuel pushes on the float in
the direction that gets the fewest g's.  What I'd really like to see is the
SU float bowl on the Stromberg carb.

- Tony Drews