fot

Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 10:28:26 -0500
Greetings,

I took another look at the head I was planning to bring to the machine shop
this week to get milled and I realized it is an early high port head. The
head that Kas and others have warned us about the need to be careful when
milling because of cutting into the water jacket.

Anyone know if I am going to get .125 off this head without problems? Is
there a way of determining how much can come off safely?

When I got this head it was completely redone, new guides, stellite seats,
new valves... I'm hoping I don't end up keeping this head for my street TR3B!

On a related note, does anyone have any of the copper figure 8 gaskets they
would be willing to sell? My liners are coming up a solid .002 with the
thinner steel gaskets. The copper ones are .018, and would do the trick nicely.

Thanks again. Savannah is going to happen!
Henry Frye      thefryes@iconn.net
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/amici.html
For The Street - TR3B TR250 Stag
Not For The Street - TR4