fot

Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's

To: twakeman@cruzers.com
Subject: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:35:32 EST
This looks like an opportunity:

Teri Ann, may we (Mordy) post, on the website,  your very nice matrix of
running changes on TR2-4 heads? Any questions could be refered to a page on
the website.

I can see doing this with gear ratios and other spreadsheet type stuff.

Joe Alexander

<< >If you have a high port head, you should be OK with the milling you
 >propose.

 I belive that the high port heads with the rounded lower thermostat
 housing cast into the head do not have enough space between the bottom
 surface and the water jacket to be reliable for more than small
 resurfacing mills.

 I believe the heads that have a diagonal flat on the underside of the
 lower thermostat housing have more metal between the head bottom and the
 bottom of the water jacket.

 TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
 Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
 twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

 http://www.shadow-catcher.net      <- Photography for sale
 http://www.overlander.net          <- Web directory for Land Rover
 http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman   <- My personal web site

 "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
 Amelia Earhart 1898-1937