fot

Re: TR4A plugs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A plugs
From: Matthew Wilder <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:17:45 -0400
I called all over the area (SW NH) trying to find the NGK  BP7HS plugs.
none of the car places had them. Finally called a bike shop and they had
10 on the shelf.

The NGK web site recommended BP6HS for the street TR4a so I guess the
"7" would be the way to go for racing.

Also on the NGK site I found a section on gapping the plugs.  They wrote
that with higher cylinder pressures (turbo, nitro, etc) the plug gap
needs to be reduced. I'd opened mine up a bit (.035) because of the
MSD.  So I left the NGK's at .025 when I put them in.

Matt W.
'67 TR4a E-prep auto-xer