fot

Re: welded difs

To: whitedog72@hotmail.com, sbarr@mccarty-law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: welded difs
From: KLynch7589@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:03:26 EDT
Evening Folks,  Just wanted to mention I was one of Curry's gang of five in
on the latest Quaife purchase. I finally got the oppurtunity to run mine @
Second Creek,
a twisty little course here in COLO. w/ RMVR. I found that after a bit the
cornering
real smooth & predictable as opposed to the welded (very limited slip) diff.
I do have
a few  words of caution however. Be sure to check hole dimensions on Quaife's
flange that bolts to the carrier. Some of us had unacceptable tolerances
there & not
the dowel affect one would expect. Cost me another bill to get bolts made up
but am sure glad I did with the pounding it received this 105 deg. weekend!
                        Have fun with it!
                        Kev Lynch GT6