fot

Re: Brake Fluids

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluids
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:14:10 EDT
I readily admit two things:

1. I've heard pretty much all the arguments about each type of fluid many
times; and
2. Despite the paint-removal risks, I've always stayed with good old  Castrol
GT/LMA.

Two points I've not seen much in these recent discussions but have  seen in
the past:

1. Some (most? all?) silicone brake fluids can have an adverse effect on
hydraulic brake light switches.
2. Since silicone fluid absorbs virtually no water, any moisture that
accumulates can "puddle" in spots and ultimately do as much or more harm than
if  it
had mixed in with the (glycol) fluid.

And one final question for those who use silicone fluid: How often do you
change it?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

_Check out the  North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse) and Herald
Database_ (http://members.aol.com/herald1200/database/) !