fot

RE: BTW points

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BTW points
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:54:48 -0700
> I always thought that Lucas belongs to TRW Automotive.
> TRW bought Lucas in 1999 as far I remember.

TRW did own at least some of Lucas.  There have been so many companies with
rights to use the Lucas name in certain markets that it's hard to keep track.
But TRW no longer exists, and various pieces of the business were sold off.
ISTR reading that they had already started to divest much of their automotive
replacement business even before being bought by Northrup-Grumman.  Some of
Lucas belongs to Goodyear, some to BF Goodrich, some to a bunch of investment
bankers.  Probably some still belongs to NGC, too.

But there doesn't seem to be anything on Bosch's website about acquiring the
Lucas name ...

Randall