fot

Re: BTW points

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BTW points
From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:19:01 +0200
The Bosch points have arived.
They are made in Turkey, the condensers are made in Germany.
The points look good. They have the stronger leave spring. The plastic is
brown, the lucas one is red.

In Germany we have a part dealer who reproduce a lot of parts. All parts are
made in Turkey. At first sight it is a good idea to remanufacture parts for our
cars but they do it in a dilettantic way. No engineering just copying of the
original without any knowledge of material and things.
Last example - braking of reinforced axleshafts. A racer had in 5 races 3 axles
broken. An other racer broke 2 axles this year. This axles are sold in England
also by some companies. Lots of drivers change back to original axles because
they last longest.

Chris