fot

RE: BTW points

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BTW points
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:22:33 -0700
> I recall that also, but I certainly have an unused remanufactured 'Lucas'
> Alternator without Lucas on the black plastic rear cover that came
> with a gray
> plastic tag attached to it indicating that it is remanufactured by Bosch.
> Purchased in the UK in 2001-early 2002.

That sounds like the infamous Ford Fiesta alternator.  It was originally made by
Bosch, but looks and fits exactly like a Lucas.  Puts out more current than the
standard Lucas ACR and is bolt- and plug- compatible, makes a nice upgrade.  You
should be able to look it up at work, ISTR it's for a 1978 Ford Fiesta (probably
only the US model), with heavy duty electrical or air conditioning.  I've got
one around here somewhere too.

> I have a pair of Hella rear fog lamps which show 'made in Germany' on them,
> but I have it on good authority that they are really produced in Finland!

Seems unlikely to me.  There are severe penalties in the US for falsely
advertising country of origin ... why would they take the risk ?  Perhaps the
components are made in Finland and only final assembly is done in Germany ?

Also, "made in Germany" is not synonymous with Bosch ... the reformed TRW
website lists over 20 manufacturing facilities in Germany !
http://www.lucasvarity.com

Randall