fot

BTW points

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: BTW points
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:45:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/2005 9:46:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:33:40 +0200
> From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
> Subject: Re: BTW points
>
> Leon :
>
> Are you shure?
> I always thought that Lucas belongs to TRW Automotive.
> TRW bought Lucas in 1999 as far I remember.
>
> Regards
> Chris

I recall that also, but I certainly have an unused remanufactured 'Lucas'
Alternator without Lucas on the black plastic rear cover that came with a gray
plastic tag attached to it indicating that it is remanufactured by Bosch.
Purchased in the UK in 2001-early 2002.

I also have a Lucas 6 cylinder cap, without Lucas on it, purchsed here in the
USA via the Standard Motor Parts company, that came in a box with 'made in
Germany' on it!
Purchased in late 2003.

I have an identical cap purchased in the UK in a green Lucas style box.

Who knows, but they all appear to be coming from the same original source?

If they are all crap now, then I suppose it doesn't really make any
difference where they come from.

I have a pair of Hella rear fog lamps which show 'made in Germany' on them,
but I have it on good authority that they are really produced in Finland!

Leon