fot

Re: Boring Liners-Sharing Info & Experience

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boring Liners-Sharing Info & Experience
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:19:31 EST
In a message dated 1/13/2006 10:42:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
triumph_marx@freenet.de writes:

My  engine man has a special mounting to bore them outside the block. I
really  question the boring in the block because how are the liners
compressed and  how is the upper part fixed because it can move
slightly sideways while  boring.

They need to be clamped in the block with a torque plate. My experience has
been that they WILL change shape when they are torqued down, they distort
about  half-way down the bore.
Glen