fot

Re: Boring Liners-Sharing Info & Experience

To: Fubog1@aol.com, triumph_marx@freenet.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boring Liners-Sharing Info & Experience
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:19:16 EST
> They need to be clamped in the block with a torque plate. My experience has
>
> been that they WILL change shape when they are torqued down, they distort
> about  half-way down the bore.
> Glen

This my experience, to this point.
But, I wonder about repeatibility.
I wish I could have visibility to the original factory fixturing
Also the current tooling that produces the "new" liners.

It has been 25 years since I stood next to the equipment that produced the
cylinder liners for the John Deere tractors. I wish I had paid more attention.
Who knew!