fot

RE: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:34:06 -0700
Just a guess, but you'll probably never see an effect. Not because it
isn't significant, but because racing engines don't run enough. The CRC
was one of the longest track time events I know of other than endurance
races. About two hours of track time including practice and qualifying.
Say you run ten of them a year--twenty hours. I run an air cleaner
because I can, not because I think it's necessary.