fot

Re: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:10:20 -0600
 > I, too, am a fan of ITG filters. [...]
 > mjb turned me on to them. He used to stock and resell the whole
 > line, but I don't know if you can get his attention long enough.

I have been off the radar for a bit lately, I know I owe a few of
you some phone calls and return mail.  I'll just claim it is related
to the recent anniversary of losing my job.

Yes, ITG [Induction Technology Group] makes some good air filters.
I ran them on the Killer Spit when it ran, had to fab up a custom
backplate to get them to fit.  Turns out that the standard backplate
I first ordered in for Killer actually fits the TR7 dual DCOE setup
nicely.  At least the carb spacing is right, I haven't actually put
them on the car yet.  RealSoonNow.

Running out at Wendover I would NOT run without some sort of filter
on the air inlets.  That concrete was laid out about 70 years ago, and
is showing its age.  We get particles ranging from fine dust to chunks
the size of apples and oranges scattering about during an IVR weekend.
I believe some sort of filter is the only way to go out there.

Hmm, maybe I should look into the Fat Chance Garage getting back into the
air induction arena...

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep is the gettin' there."