fot

Re: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
I, too, am a fan of ITG filters. TWM used to be a dealer, I'm not
sure how much attention they pay these days.

mjb turned me on to them. He used to stock and resell the whole
line, but I don't know if you can get his attention long enough.
They make blank backplates (including for double and triple), and
that's what I used, along with a borrowed Rotax punch, to make
a suitable plate for my stepped triple DCOE GT6 manifold.

That installation has a number of problems for mounting a filter,
but it can be done, just, over shorty air horns. This winter, I
plan to make a cold air box to fit the backplate and remote
the filter to behind the headlight. I'm tempted to try to set
up a ram system, but my memory of discussion here is that is
trickier to get right than I have development time for...

chris