fot

Re: [Fot] california cheese????

To: Gary <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] california cheese????
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:00:03 -0700
And let's not forget Oregon. Tillamook Cheese is one of the most
recognized cheddars in the US. We also have the famous Bandon Cheddar
(though there really isn't a cheese plant in Bandon anymore) and make
some very nice artisan cheeses like Blue Heron and Rogue Blue.
However, there's not that much cheese leaving the state. We only make
71 million pounds and we eat about 160 million (which of course
includes all that "american" cheese that little kids and the
gastronomically immature seem to enjoy), so there's not much to of
the good stuff to spare. If you Wisconsin folks are interested in
trying something better I can bring a block or two of Tillamook in Nero.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS