fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:15:26 -0700
One of the most exciting/scary/superhuman spectacles I ever witnessed
was Kenny Roberts racing against his protigi Freddie Spenser at
Laguna Seca [1978?].  I was watching from the inside of  turn 8B.
Coming off the top of the cork-screw, Lawson had the front wheel off
the ground for 100ish feet - when it hit the ground again, it was
already turned counter-lock for the next turn and on down the hill he
went [every lap]. Spencer wasn't quite there yet. At the infield
carnival they had a sit -on-the-bike video game going [very crude by
todays standards I'm sure]. Still have my "I beat Freddie Spencer at
Laguna Seca" button somewhere.
Greg Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM