fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: <budscars@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:32:00 -0800
I went to 'Salinas' once..in about 1971 with a Lotus super 7 mounted firmly
across the front of my TR4..there was no guard rail then...
Racer Bud> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:23:22 -0800> From: cak@dimebank.com> To:
fot@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca> > It's funny ... I have
driven Laguna Seca a bunch, both in open wheel > cars and sedans, and I never
found the Corkscrew particularly *scary*. > Challenging, yes - but I know the
lineup points, and once you get them > right, you're basically committed.
There's plenty of runoff if you screw > up. (Passing there, or being passed,
is a different issue entirely)> > What I find scary is 6 (I guess this was
turn 3 in the old config, which > would have made it even scarier after the
then-longest straight). > Braking needs to be done before the bridge, because
there's a rise at > the bridge where the car gets too light to brake hard.
Turn-in is almost > blind. There's a dip at the apex which presses the car
down nicely when > you get it right - you can take the turn very fast if
you're confident.> > But if you screw up, you could end up in Salinas. That