fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca

To: <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:03:11 -0500
Gary Horstkorta wrote:

> I believe the sound limit is 103db but they have also had a sub-100db
> restriction in the past.

That seems way little high to me.  When I ran the Pantera there
in the late 1990s it was 92db, and really hard for me to meet.
The sound-level meter was on the right-hand curb just after
turn 5...going up the hill.  I had to be gentle on the throttle
until just past the bridge.  Thats OK, everyone else except Viper
drivers also had to modulate the throttle for the same reason.

The corkscrew was fun but ultimately not really satisfying.  Turn 6
was my fave corner, because I could hit it almost without
lifting.  Corners 9-10 I disliked intensely...I guess I don't
like going downhill - I've spent too much time at hillclimbs.

Shane Ingate in NM