fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: fpspitfire@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Gary Schneider <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 09:11:08 -0700 (PDT)
Midwestern Council still has all the old Prod and GT groups, as well as the
orphaned Spec Renaults which sometimes turn out a half-dozen cars. Rules are
on the website and practically identical to SCCA. SCCA licenses are accepted
since there is a lot of cross-over. There's also a vintage group at each race
which runs all VH classes together, but rarely has more than 15 cars so
there's a lot of room on the track. George Br. unfortunately took away our
standing RA date this year, but BFR is the home track, Autobahn has a couple
events and probably we'll go back to Milwaukee next year when they sort
themselves out.
Also an all volunteer group, so most race days are only
$200-240 with a discount for running a second race group.
Regards,
Gary
Schneider
37 EP TR-4