fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, REK46@aol.com, fpspitfire@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Jay Creel <jaxonracing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:24:33 -0700 (PDT)
Not trying to be smart here, isn't that how vintage started in the first
place?  Cars that were "squeezed" out in the past moved on to create vintage
groups?
I am in the same boat as Aaron here in the Northeast. I have a lot
invested in my car and I want a place to run it to have fun and be competitive
against cars of similar displacement.  I would not think that it would be
impossible to include current spec cars in an existing run group and any car
of current spec (i.e. 2008 rule set) would be class designated as such that
way any car currently running in an existing vintage class would not be
affected, they would only be sharing the track with some additional cars.  Is
that something that could be possible?  I know there are a good number of cars
sitting in garages because of rules issues in the SCCA and the limitations of
some vintage groups, it would be great to bring those cars back out so we can
enjoy racing with them.
I had heard that HSR had classes that would fit
current spec cars, anyone know if this is true?  Or VRG?
Aaron, maybe NASA
will take us... !?!
Of course all of this will be after the 2009 Runoffs.....
;)