fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: Jay Creel <jaxonracing@yahoo.com>, JWoesvra@aol.com, REK46@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: jimdonick <whimsey1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:29:47 -0400 (EDT)
Friends:
     I'm not terribly close to it, being mostly a Vintage Guy, but I do know
there were some issues at the runoffs last year between SCCA and Mazda. That
led to some gossip that it would likely help NASA.   I joined NASA last year
and ran a National in Phoenix and the 25 Hours of Thunderhill.  (Both in a
Miata, I blush to admit)  NASA is an up and comer with a growing National
Organization.   They are not as sophisticated in all regions yet as is SCCA
but I can attest that the 25 Hours was a well run an event as I've ever taken
part in.  (It was also the adventure of a lifetime but that's a different
story.) IF (not sure it will happen) the SCCA squeezes out a few more of the
production classes I'd strongly recommend that guys take a look at the NASA
organization in their area.  It may or may not fit their needs but it could
very easily give you a home until you come to understand the inherent beauty
and wisdom (as well as poetic truth) in building a TR2 or TR3 to come racing
with us here in the VSCCA.
best to all
jimdonick