fot

Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Glen

To: dtalbott@archrepro.com, kaskas@cox.net, chasgee@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Glen
From: "n197tr4@cs.com" <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:37:01 -0400
:-)    SECOND!

Original Message:
-----------------
From: David Talbott dtalbott@archrepro.com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:23:00 -0700
To: kaskas@cox.net, Chasgee@aol.com, Billb@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net

I suppose we shouldn't presume Kas's comments to be an official =

pronouncement on his part, but it does sound like Portland might have some =

potential in a bid to be the host city for the 2009 Kastner Cup.  Since
Bill =

Babcock has an obvious connection with the local Convention & Visitors =

Bureau, not to mention that he's essentially retired, I think nominating
him =

for the position of Event Chair would make perfect sense to get the ball =

rolling.  This is a crucial role, especially if one is to believe that Joe =

Alexander will be declining such opportunities for a while - or so I
thought =

I heard Jan to suggest last Sunday at the Glen.

Of course, I'd be delighted to assist Bill in any way I can; however I may =

need all the time I can muster just to make sure I have a car finished for =

the event.  Given that the track is all of a 7 minute tow from my shop, I'm =

thinking I wouldn't have too many excuses for not being there.

And unlike the Glen, the prospects for hurricane-induced weather events are =

pretty slim in September for this area, in fact it would be tough to pick a =

better time of the year to be in the NW.  Now that I think about it, the =

picture of Uncle Jack in his polyester leisure suit that someone posted a =

few weeks back was taken at a balmy Saturday night party at the September =

CRC event a couple of years ago.

So what say, do I hear a second for my nomination of Billy B. to lead the =

charge for PDX 2009?

DT