fot

[Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:38:18 -0500
I'm in the process of installing a 3 quart Canton Accusump on my 1.3L
Spit engine. I'm planning to run 6 an to the engine compartment and
split off  to the main gallery plugs on the side of the engine block.
The early 1.3L has three plugs and the later has  4. I'm having trouble
locating a fitting that will fit into the gallery openings. They appear
to be 5/16 fine thread.
I've reviewed the write up on page 131-2  in Kas's Triumph Preparation
Handbook that shows Steve Smith's installation.  What is not listed is
the hardware that was used.
It looks like a flow bolt and banjo fitting could be used but I cannot
find any in that size.
Is anyone familiar with this setup and if so where did you source the
fittings that would screw into the gallery plug holes?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Glenn Franco
72 Spit Race Car and various other Triumphs