fot

Re: [Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a

To: Billb@bnj.com, rocky@spitfire4.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:19:01 EST
In a message dated 2/4/09 10:34:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, Billb@bnj.com
writes:

<< Going through an oil filter adapter plate doesn't seem to do that    for me.
 I'd like to protect against catastrophes like having that    filter rupture or
 come unscrewed and still having bearing oil pressure    long enough to get the
 motor shut down. >>

I originally used an adapter plate between the oil filter and the block.
This didn't seem to help at all.  I then drilled and tapped the center oil gall
ey
port for 3/8" pipe thread, and used an adapter fitting for the equivalent of
1/2" AN line (forget the number).  This made a big difference as far as
regulating the oil pressure.

Most people have a machinist drill and tap the fitting.  I did this myself,
and had to take some time removing the iron shavings with a magnet -- unless
you want to take out the aluminum plugs and ramrod the particles out.  Even
then, some will lodge in the oil feed ports.