fot

Re: [Fot] Faulty Water Temp Gauge?

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Faulty Water Temp Gauge?
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 23:31:35 +0200
Infrared gauges are precise on colored surfaces like a black coated radiator
or rubber hoses.
If you try to measure polished metal surfaces you will get much lower
readings which has something to do with radiation on metal surfaces.

If you would like to measure the thermostat housing put a strap tape on the
housing, wait a few seconds for the tape to adjust temperature and then
measure the tape and you'll get the correct temperature.

Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----