fot

Re: [Fot] Faulty Water Temp Gauge?

To: <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, "'Friends of Triumph'" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Faulty Water Temp Gauge?
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:13:49 -0500
As I recall, the voltage stabilizer also supplies the voltage for the fuel
gauge in the stock setup, at least on the TR4-A.  So if it's the voltage
stabilizer you would also have erratic readings on the fuel gauge.  Also, as
I recall, when the voltage stabilizer goes bad, both the temp and fuel gauge
get pegged.  Happened to my wife when driving the TR4-A many, many years
ago, so memory may not be correct.  I'd have to check an original schematic
and compare to the TR6 schematic.

Tim