fot

Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?

To: my71spit13 <my71spit13@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:01:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, my71spit13 wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> each race towards a club racer. As soon as that time comes, the car will
> no longer be street legal so it can be a racer for real. I have a 71

This is just a point of information...

I know it sounds trite, but autocrossers are "real racers" too. Granted
autocross is different, but it's no less intense and there equal (for the
most part) preparation. Actually, autocross is even more of a mental sport
than road racing because you need to stay so focused. It's also good
preparation for road racing because you learn the mental aspects as well
as the car control - that's why some autocrossers transistion to road
racers so well.

Regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489