fot

Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Fot] I'm joining the SCCA. Good or bad?
From: Shawn Frank <my71spit13@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:33:48 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
I meant no disrespect to autocrossers. Anyone who jumps into a car, mashes the
pedal to the floor, and feels in control while sliding the car where they want
is a "true racer". I absolutely fell in love with autocrossing only being out
a couple times. It has sparked something in me that I want to not only chase,
but overtake. I was meaning "real racing" being with a race specific car. The
autocrossing still allows me to build on the car, try things out, and do it
right, while honing skills needed that I don't have but am willing to learn. I
am not a guy who thinks their way is the best. I am literally soaking it all
in. Between this group of collaborated knowledge and skill, to the forums
about my car, I have been learning a lot and am itching to get out there to
see what I've learned so far. I am excited about being an auto crosser...Shawn