fot

Re: [Fot] Books

To: FoTTriumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Books
From: Christopher Bock <SeaCubeCo@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:09:03 -0500
Amici
I was thinking that if everyone who is a FOT member writes a story we can have
enough stories to do this.  There are the usual people who comment regularly
but what about the other 300 who are members. What is their story?
All we would need is their name location and story

Example:

Chris B from Delaware (now), USA

I caught the racing bug when my friends were trying to figure which vintage
organization they wanted to race in while building their MGA racer. Funny
thing is that they own a GT6 and a TR6. While at Summit Point around 08 the
big joke was, "Where is Chris? Oh, he is wrenching on someone's car!"  Which
was true!  I was watching someone replace a head gasket and they said that if
I stayed they would put me to work. They did!  The other joke was that the
next session the car ran the best it did all day.  Also that day i helped
replace an axle shaft. That was the start if it.  Now while at the races I
crew for the MGA, Bugeye Sprite, and a Formula Vee. Slowly I am building a 74
Spit eventually for the track. First I will have some fun with the stock parts
on the street.  Then to the races I go. I am going to have I share the driving
with my wife.

Even something as short as that would be fine.

Ok hit me with the opinions

I have a friend who prints books and they are helping me what would be needed
from start to finish.

Chris

On Jan 28, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> If Francis and Tony allowed, Jack Drews has a well done version of one of
his stories.

> Robert Johns has some great stories to tell.
>
> I know Mordy Dunst has great one...and likely more.
>
> Of course, Kas has them.
>
> My point is that there are many that have already been written and the big
job would be to edit it all into a book.

> Actually, in this age of desktop publishing, this is a brilliant idea.
>
> Printing?  We printed KAS' latest book in Cedar Falls, Iowa through a
fellow enthusiast.  Joe Pawlak of ISOA printed Jon MACARTNEY'S book of
adventures with UNCLE JACK, the Stag......Good one Chris....

> In a group of 300 FOT, there should be enough resources to win the PULITZER
PRIZE.