fot

Re: [Fot] Electric cars

To: budscars@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Electric cars
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
not having an electric or hybrid type car I have an opinion... they are not as
'green' as they could be touted in the long run. The lithium batteries are not
forever batteries and at some date and time they will have to be disposed of.
I'm not sure of the re-cycling phase of that process... and lithium is not a
natural product found easily around the world...
I had a neighbor, Rick Perry (not the Texas governor) who was a 5 state
representative for Audi America.. (we own our third Audi) and his thought about
diesel was pretty interesting... I think most of us 'racer' types have seen
what
Audi has done in the past with Formula 1 and diesel powered F1 super
cars....amazing success story I'm sure most will agree...but.. 100 mpg is not a
stretch in the real world for a diesel powered vehicle in the near future...
diesel is a product that can be made out of natural products, like cooking oil,
in the bio-diesel realm of things...
Seem to reason IMHO that diesel or bio-diesel could be a long term solution to
energy and 'green' standards for the future of consumer automobiles.... just a
thought....   Bobby Whitehead