fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch, help

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch, help
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:03:26 -0700
It's easy to overstroke aftermarket clutches. When you do you often crack out
the center boss. You have to know what the maximum stroke is and make sure you
have a stop or a properly sized MC/SC ratio to ensure you can't stroke past
that far. The pushrod needs to be loose enough to turn freely to make sure
you're not putting continuous pressure on the thrust bearings, and make sure
if you replaced the MC with an aftermarket product that it doesn't have a
residual pressure valve built into it. If it does you have to take it out or
the clutch will be impossible to adjuts and you'll toast the thrust bearings.
Bleed the system carefully, adjust the pushrod, and it should be fine.

Speedbleeders work really well, cheap, easy to install, and they let you get
some good quick pumps to carry out the stubborn bubbles.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/colordog.1@earthlink.net