fot

Re: [Fot] Weber manifolds for GT6

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber manifolds for GT6
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 06:42:53 -0700

--------------B75D8785DE0C3668897D65E6

On 3/7/19 6:22 PM, Richard Gehweiler via Fot wrote:
> Looking for a set of manifolds to put Webers on a GT6 or the whole
> setup for that matter. Would prefer 45 DCOE. If anyone has some they
> are looking to unload, please contact me.
> Thanks
> Mini@wi.rr.com

I don't pretend to be an expert but wouldn't three 45DCOEs be a tad
large for a GT6 engine? Off hand without knowing your engine it seems
like three 40DCOEs would do the trick and be more RPM flexible.

 From my Weber page:

The largest choke that will work optimally in a 40DCOE is a 34 choke.
The smallest choke that will work optimally in a 45DCOE is a 34 choke.
While larger chokes are available for 40DCOEs and smaller ones are
available for 45DCOEs they will not work as well for this application.
The 42DCOE  only had 28, 30, 32 and 34 chokes available.

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------B75D8785DE0C3668897D65E6

  <head>
  </head>
      via Fot wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:ef5bbb9b-27e5-4358-b45a-13f014938f37@wi.rr.com">
href="mailto:Mini@wi.rr.com";>Mini@wi.rr.com</a> <br>
      tad large for a GT6 engine? Off hand without knowing your engine
      it seems like three 40DCOEs would do the trick and be more RPM
      flexible.</p>
      choke. The smallest choke that will work optimally in a 45DCOE is
      a 34 choke. While larger chokes are available for 40DCOEs and
      smaller ones are available for 45DCOEs they will not work as well
      for this application.  The 42DCOE  only had 28, 30, 32 and 34
      chokes available. </p>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------B75D8785DE0C3668897D65E6--

--===============0052470269434239907==

fot@autox.team.net