fot

Re: [Fot] DCOE setup on stock tr6

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] DCOE setup on stock tr6
From: chris panayotti via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:08:40 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--000000000000284ee605976d3292

Forgot to hit reply all the first time

Hi Scott,

Yes they are 40 DCOE 18
I didn't write down my choke sizes but I'm pretty sure they are 30s. I can
double check tomorrow. Main jets are 120 emulsion tubes are f11 ,  idle jet
is 50F11, pump jet is 40. I think that is everything. All the carbs are the
same. They are made in Italy Weber's also not Mexico ones.

Thanks,
Chris

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 8:44 PM Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> wrote:

> More information is needed.
> I assume these are 40 DCOEs, not 45s?
> What size chokes are you running?
> Main jets, idle jets?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 15, 2019, at 7:52 PM, chris panayotti via Fot <fot@autox.team.ne=
t>
> wrote:
> >
> > =EF=BB=BF
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks like fro=
> December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this.
> Anyway in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon
> manafold on a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do
> the exact same. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to
> share knowledge on the jets and knowledge.
> >
> > So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is
> accleration off idle.  It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture
> screws all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point
> either load or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hol=
> it, even if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it
> revs so so if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at a=
ll
> it bogs and dies.  I've come to the conclusion my progression circuit is =
> blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently 50F1=
1.

> > I've gone over all the valve timing with a fine toothed comb and
> verified a stock cam by checking the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At
> .010".  I removed the vacuum retard from the distributor and am running i=
> at 12deg BTDC right now, and the mechanical advance does work and brings =
it
> up to 24ish deg.  It is a stock points distributor by the way.  I've read=
> few people mention that I need to upgrade that but others have successful=
ly
> used it also. I've checked compression all are close and above 125psi.
> >
> > Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to
> get this to run right for weeks. I keep crossing things off the list but
> still haven't gotten it right. I'm still concerned about the distributor
> but it seems well enough that it should run properly. I'm fairly confiden=
> it's a carb problem.
> >
> > If you need any more info about my setup please ask
> >
> > Thank you
> > Chris Panayotti
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com

--000000000000284ee605976d3292

x" dir=3D"auto">Forgot to hit reply all the first time</div><div style=3D"f=
ont-family:sans-serif;font-size:12.8px" dir=3D"auto"><br>Hi Scott,=C2=A0</d=
iv><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12.8px"><br>=
es they are 40 DCOE 18</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-ser=
if;font-size:12.8px">I didn&#39;t write down my choke sizes but I&#39;m pre=
tty sure they are 30s. I can double check tomorrow. Main jets are 120 emuls=
ion tubes are f11 ,=C2=A0 idle jet is 50F11, pump jet is 40. I think that i=
s everything. All the carbs are the same. They are made in Italy Weber&#39;=
s also not Mexico ones.</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-se=
rif;font-size:12.8px"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans=
-serif;font-size:12.8px">Thanks,</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-famil=
iv dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 8:44 PM Scott Jan=
zen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sjanzen@me.com";>sjanzen@me.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>=
eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
More information is needed.<br>
I assume these are 40 DCOEs, not 45s?<br>
What size chokes are you running? <br>
Main jets, idle jets?<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Nov 15, 2019, at 7:52 PM, chris panayotti via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:fot@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">fot@autox.tea=
m.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt; Hi all, <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks like fr=
om December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this. An=
yway in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon manafold =
on a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do the exact =
same. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to share knowled=
ge on the jets and knowledge.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is accle=
ration off idle.=C2=A0 It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture scre=
ws all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point either =
load or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hold it, eve=
n if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it revs so s=
o if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at all it bogs =
and dies.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve come to the conclusion my progression circuit is t=
o blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently 50F1=
1.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I&#39;ve gone over all the valve timing with a fine toothed comb and v=
erified a stock cam by checking the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At .01=
0&quot;.=C2=A0 I removed the vacuum retard from the distributor and am runn=
ing it at 12deg BTDC right now, and the mechanical advance does work and br=
ings it up to 24ish deg.=C2=A0 It is a stock points distributor by the way.=
=C2=A0 I&#39;ve read a few people mention that I need to upgrade that but o=
thers have successfully used it also. I&#39;ve checked compression all are =
close and above 125psi.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I&#39;ve been trying=
 to get this to run right for weeks. I keep crossing things off the list bu=
t still haven&#39;t gotten it right. I&#39;m still concerned about the dist=
ributor but it seems well enough that it should run properly. I&#39;m fairl=
y confident it&#39;s a carb problem.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; If you need any more info about my setup please ask<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thank you<br>
&gt; Chris Panayotti<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefer=