fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminium radiators

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, robert bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminium radiators
From: dustin nicholson via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 21:10:54 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1220904_1528472026.1641244254158

 I've bought my share of cheap ones online, you get what you pay for I gues=
s.=C2=A0 The one I got for the Stag was cheap and had to be shimmed and a m=
ounting hole moved over 1/4" to make it fit.=C2=A0 The TR6 one was a more e=
xpensive/reputable vendor but still sprung a leak after about 5 years in a =
seam location that can't be fixed, so I'm about to replace it again.=C2=A0 =
For the price of these things I've come to expect minor fitment issues and =
a limited life span.=C2=A0 My best aftermarket radiator was a plastic tank =
cross flow for the Spitfire racercar, out of a Ford Escort.=C2=A0 If there =
is a good brand of aluminum ones out there I'd like to know it.=C2=A0 In th=
e meantime I will keep buying cheap ones and consider it a consumable item.
Dusty Nicholson1957 TR3 EP #43
    On Monday, January 3, 2022, 02:56:20 PM CST, robert bownes via Fot <fot=
@autox.team.net> wrote: =20
=20
=20
Wise(ned) ones,
Where are folks getting (street) Al radiators nowadays? Just got the origin=
al TR6 rad back from the local radiator shop with an estimate of ~$360 to r=
e-core, re-cap the lower end, and get rid of all the acorns the squirrels h=
ave thoughtfully stashed in mine, so I figure it's probably cheaper to get =
a new Al one than press my luck with the original.=20

I found 3 row versions for a bit under $200, but they don't seem to know mu=
ch about Triumphs (the pictures have the inlet/outlet pointing in the wrong=
 directions) so I figured I'd check here...
Stay fast!Bob

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

in@yahoo.com

 =20
------=_Part_1220904_1528472026.1641244254158

style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times,
serif;font-size:13px;"><div></div>
online, you get what you pay for I guess.&nbsp; The one I got for the Stag was
cheap and had to be shimmed and a mounting hole moved over 1/4" to make it
fit.&nbsp; The TR6 one was a more expensive/reputable vendor but still sprung a
leak after about 5 years in a seam location that can't be fixed, so I'm about
to replace it again.&nbsp; For the price of these things I've come to expect
minor fitment issues and a limited life span.&nbsp; My best aftermarket
radiator was a plastic tank cross flow for the Spitfire racercar, out of a Ford
Escort.&nbsp; If there is a good brand of aluminum ones out there I'd like to
know it.&nbsp; In the meantime I will keep buying cheap ones and consider it a
dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Dusty Nicholson</div><div dir="ltr"

class="ydp52bbb1c2yahoo_quoted">
sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">

href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; rel="nofollow"
href="http://www.fot-racing.com"; rel="nofollow"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel="nofollow"
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a