Re: Palm Pilot choices?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Palm Pilot choices?
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:24:13 -0700
>> The Palm V series is less robust than the III series.

I used a Palm V for the latter half of last season and it was plenty
"robust" enough for the demands of autox'ing.  I agree that if all you
are going to do is use the Palm for collecting GEEZ data, then a III
series should be fine and will save you $$$, but the V (and Vx) is a
better all around Palm device IMHO if you care to spend the extra cash.

I would strongly recommend getting a Palm that had IR capabilities as
you will probably be able to beam your runs to/from other competitors
this season and use the IR to sync with your laptop if you wish.

I'd also get one that has flash NVRAM so that you can update your PalmOS
rev to take advantage of new features as they come out.  (The III has
all the above.)

Todd