Re: G-cube "dropping ready" in staging.

To: GEEZ@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: G-cube "dropping ready" in staging.
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:40:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/00 3:40:42 PM Central Daylight Time, VettPilot@aol.com
writes:

<< As to the Palmtop...I was afraid that you were going to tell me that.
Would much rather be able to correct the situation rather than have to go
through the extra step of DL-ing the run(s) to the laptop to see it(them). >>

I have been using the palm all along to keep from having to strap my power
hungry PII laptop in the car. I have had it kill a battery on me once when I
left the PC running off of an invertor during my work heat, we had to push
start the car. I now have the PC running off of an emergency start battery
pack in the grid. After a run, pull the palm, drop it in the cradle, and look
at the run, the palm is back in the car ready for the next run in a few
seconds.

The palm has recorded every run without fail until I hit 99 runs stored. I
sure hope I can get those runs out, I am very curious where I screwed up my
second run. Using the palm is great, My only real complaints are the extra
battery needed. I tend to forget to turn it off, and it is dead in only 2
days. I left it on Sunday, and it was dead Tuesday when I noticed it. Running
off of my laptop, I didn't have to use the extra battery and it worked fine.
I plan to make up a lighter powered setup to try out with a voltage regulator
so I don't have to calibrate the cube every event.

I looked over a bunch of my runs from the Peru test day before the tour. I am
finally hitting 99% on the default settings, so I will be setting the
sustained time shorter to see where I stand. The only place I don't hit 99%
is smoothness, but my wife pegs that one all the time, but with only 92% on
the agressiveness. Hmm. Oh well, another week, more runs.

Gary M.