Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping

To: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>, Byron Short
Subject: Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 22:01:59 -0500
At 06:38 PM 2/4/01 -0800, Bob Monday wrote:
>Does the multi-lap capability require a Palm, or will it also record
>directly to the laptop?
>
>Bob Monday

Bob,

Since Byron may not be able to respond for a while, here is a quote from
the readme file:

"If you are recording with a PC running GEEZ you can record up to 16
minutes and 40 seconds with this version. Better yet, if you are recording
with a Palm computer, which we strongly recommend for road racing type
events anyway, you can record and download up to 25 minutes. (In reality
your Palm will record beyond 25 minutes, but the download to the PC will
truncated the file at 25 minutes)."

By the way, the Sebring file is on the Diskette 3 download file which must
be downloaded separately unless Byron made a change since I asked early
Sunday. There are seven clearly "sebring" files shown in the zip "directory".

I've noticed, by the way, that the Save Dialog box doesn't function when in
"multi-lap" mode. I suspect that this is on purpose, but Byron hasn't been
available to answer yet. I used Windows Explorer to save and rename the
Sebring.gcd file as recommended in the readme file. This saves the raw
info, without all the adjustments that were made to break the data up into
the separate laps as far as I could tell from a very quick review. The save
dialog box opens if you switch back to single lap. In mult-lap it appears
that "save" works, just without the dialog box and associated options.

The "words above" are all that I know . . . or even think that I know about
the multi-lap software:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford