Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping

To: "Brian M Kennedy" <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:11:05 -0700
Brian M Kennedy wrote:
> Question:
>
>          Anyone know how much memory space that 25 minutes
>          of data will consume?

In it's raw presentation on the Palm you get about 2 hours
of data per meg.  So a 25 minute file is about 200K.
(Probably a little less actually, but the 2hrs/meg number is
conservative.)

> I just retired my wife's old Palm Pilot Pro... I was
> considering dedicating it for Geez use.  But with only 1MB,
> I wonder how much data it will hold.

More important a consideration is that at some point we'll
probably have a future version of the Palm software that
will require OS3.0 or higher, which is Palm III or better.
But for now, the Pro should do just fine.

> Does it have any features to utilize the fact that its doing
> multiple laps to auto-adjust the map to get them to line up?
> That would seem to be possible, though perhaps not particularly
> easy.  Just wondering.

Yes!  We set each lap up using several of the settings from
the previous lap, including start speed (which is set to the
previous lap's end speed...duh!), and the primary endspeed
adjustment, as well as direction, roll, pitch, lateral,
etc.  Basically everything from the first two screens of the
adjustment dialog are transferred automatically to the next
lap.  This won't always be perfect, but it should start you
in the right direction.

--Byron

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list