Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure
From: "Robert Poague" <rapoague@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:54:31 -0800
Alan,

Assuming your throttle switch is properly adjusted and the
gearshift-operated lockout switch is operating properly, here's what should
happen: When you come to a stop, and shift to neutral (or 1st or 2nd), the
OD will disengage. IF you turn the dash OD switch OFF while coasting to, or
sitting at, the stop, and then get underway in 1st or 2nd gear, the OD relay
will drop out as soon as you give enough throttle (1/5 or more throttle) to
get underway. The OD will not engage until such time as you turn the dash
switch back on and are in 3rd or 4th gear. You don't need to blip the
throttle or use a momentary PB switch. You only need to remember to turn the
dash switch off when you come to the stop.

Bob