Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:37:40 -0800
Alan,

The throttle switch is there to prevent disengaging the O/D when there
is reverse torque on the drivetrain--i.e. coasting--which could damage
the internals.

I asked about the "53 BJ8" because Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8 models
were produced from November of 1963 and December of 1967 (yes,
I know one more was assembled in 1968).  Maybe you have a BN1, or
a '63 BJ8?

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net