Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 16:37:32 -0500
I think the throttle switch is there to prevent unintended additional
compression braking when flipped to normal. Requiring the throttle to be
depressed to disengage the overdrive prevents an excess of compression braking
coming out of OD, which may not be a big deal in 4thOD in a straight, but can
be interesting in 3rdOD in a high speed sweeping corner. I think it also
reduces strain on the gearbox/OD/drivetrain for the same reasons.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA