Re: Friday funnies vs. taste

To: bspidell@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Friday funnies vs. taste
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:00:40 -0500
bs,

I am sure that there are those of us that would find some of the more
"off color"
funnies appropriate under the right circumstances. Where we know the
people
and feel comfortable with the situation. The problem here is that you
don't know
the people or the circumstances under which these "funnies" may be
viewed. To
assume that everyone would view these as you do seems a bit presumptuous
and a bit lacking of some common sense. If you want to have a
distribution list
of those you know would appreciate the humor, that's fine, but to assume
everyone
would is not. As with a few issues on this list some seem to get a bit
carried away
and then are "offended" when asked to reign it in. Maybe we need to
refocus on the
purpose of this list.

Regards,

Doug