Re: Friday funnies vs. taste

To: bspidell@comcast.net, brister@houston.rr.com, pennell@cox.net
Subject: Re: Friday funnies vs. taste
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:06:06 EST
Gentlemen, and Ladies, with all due respect . . . . . . . .

Yes, some of the funnies are a bit crude (well, a very few are quite crude)
but, I think that, in microcosm, the suggestion that they be dropped speaks in
a way to one of the things that, IMHO, has gone tragically wrong with our
great country.  We are absolutely TERRIFIED that we might offend someone.
Because
of this paranoia, the rights of the many are often sacrificed to protect the
rights of the few.

I say, if you are afraid that you, personally, might be upset by the content
of a joke, DON'T READ IT. The answer is NOT to censor life for everyone. My
.02.

Dick Hosmer