Re: Brake Fluid Vanished Without Trace; BJ8.

To: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Vanished Without Trace; BJ8.
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:16:18 +0800
Graham -

This is the classic servo failure, all the fluid is in your servo
vacuum chamber.  You need to have it rebuilt (and resleeved) or
replaced with a new Lucas or PBR unit.  You can use the Moss repair
kit... but usually it won't last more than 10K because of wear on the
main cylinder walls.  That's why you need to have it resleeved at a
proper shop.  I understand that Power Brake Exchange carries the BJ8
servo in stock on an exchange basis for a good price:

Power Brake Exchange Inc
(408) 292-1305
260 Phelan Ave
San Jose, CA 95112

And these guys apparently do a good job of sleeving servo cylinders:

Brake & Equipment Warehouse
455 Harrison St. N. E.
Minneapolis, MN  55413
(612) 378-3141  or (800) 233-4053