Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
Good afternoon fellow listers,

I've got a question for those of you with rally-style cars.  When I finally get
my engine and tranny installed I will be replacing my OD stock switch on the
dash with one integrated in the shifter knob.  The new alluminum know has the
OD switch mounted on the side.  The wires for the switch extend out from the
base of the knob.

I have a side-shift transmission out fitted with an "L" shaped shifter which is
slightly wider at the base and narrower at the threaded end, where the knob is
fitted.  The shifter is solid and has a bend (about 75 degrees) roughly 4"
directly above the attachment to the tranny case.

My question deals with how the wires from the switch/knob are routed to the OD
solenoid on the original rally cars?  I'd also be interested to know if anyone
has come up with a cleaner look other than just zip-tying the wires down the
length of the shifter.  Any pictures detailing this type of installation is
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz
 Make Yahoo! your home page