RE: Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:01:58 -0400
I once read an engineering paper about the design Lucas had to undertake for
the knob mounted overdrive switch such as used in the TR6, Volvos etc. It
turns out that most switches do not take kindly to the vibration on a gear
lever and it was only after a lot of research they came up with the slide
type design which has proved to be quite reliable.
May be worth considering.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com