Re: Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed

To: pdzwig@summaventures.com, healey3000bn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attn: Rally / Works / Replica Detail Needed
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:00:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/2005 6:00:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
pdzwig@summaventures.com writes:
You can plug
the dashboard hole with a rubber grommit.
The best ideal I have ever seen is to put an aircraft type "press to test"
light in the hole & wire it into the circuit in parallel with the OD solenoid.
When the solenoid is activated the light is lit. You can leave the chrome
escutcheon in place that reads "Overdrive" & the light is a quick visual
reference
to determine if you in or out of overdrive in the heat of battle. Also, if the
OD solenoid quits working the press to test feature is a quick way to
determine if you have power to the circuit or not (unless the bulb is burned
out,
too). Sorry I don't have any photos available.
Gary Hodson